- At Nyumpené we try everyday to make a little difference to the immediate as well as
the local environment.
- We only use energy-saving LED lighting, and even some solar powered lanterns for the
- Rechargable batteries are used for the candles and other small electrical items.
- All of our water is drawn from our own well – 40m below ground! It’s cold, fresh and has
zero hint of chlorine or other chemicals in use today.
- Our laundry bags are made of canvas – not plastic.
- We have our own waste-disposal system which treats waste before it’s released into the
- We are growing our herbs and spices which you are free to help yourself to – we hope
you like chillies! It’s a constant work in progress though and we welcome green fingered
guests to potter around if you enjoy that!
- We have also started to build our own compost bin for the garden cuttings and waste
from the kitchens. Please do contribute to this effort – it’s a nice thought that every
guest through Nyumpené has made a contribution to the ecology of our gardens.
- And we listen. We would love to hear ideas from you as to how you think we could
make Nyumpené even greener.